How can I significantly increase the chances of selling my house in Mallorca?
Do you do “Home Staging”? That is, do you adapt the design and appearance of the house to make it more attractive? This can be achieved by furniture, colours (preferably light, such as white, grey or beige), accessories etc. can be achieved. Have you set a correct price for your property? Which also fits accordingly to the real estate market of your zone? This is very important, especially in Mallorca where there are big price differences depending on the region and location. All documents such as land registry, cadastre, energy certificate and UTP licences checked? There is nothing worse for a buyer than when he is offered a property with certain characteristics, and then after his own research does not match, then the deal is definitely off!
- Are you’re photos of the property good enough? And it’s not enough to take quickly a few pictures with a cell phone. Professional photos with a good camera, where framing and lighting play an important role, and a subsequent professional touch-up can be a decisive factor in selling your home. We ourselves have been working for many years with professional cameras and software like Photoshop and Lightroom from Adobe!
- The house should not be full of memories: What does this mean? Basically, this means that when a potential buyer sees the house either on the Internet in photos or during a visit, he can imagine what his life will be like in that house. As you will understand, it doesn’t help if the house is full of photos of other people, children’s drawings or other personal items. In this case “less is more”!
- Total cleaning: This is a point that many people do not prioritize as much as they should, and it is better to do an additional basic cleaning to make the day of the visit or to find the minimum of dirt at the visit. Therefore simply dust and clean up briefly. And if you have a big luxury finca and you think you can’t do it alone, we can recommend some cleaning companies who will do it for you in record time!
- Play with all the senses of the buyer, including smell: Yes, we all know that a house needs to be ventilated before it is visited, whether it smells of pets, is closed or has any kind of food smell. For example, you can make a coffee before the visit or bake something (these smells are associated with the feeling of family and a relaxed atmosphere). Scented candles can also be a good option to leave a pleasant smell throughout the house.
- Minimalist style: No, it is not necessary to change all the furniture and install huge windows throughout the house. We think that if you have a shelf with thousands of little things and souvenirs, take a box and keep it for the visit. Because even though they have great sentimental value for you, you may not have it for the buyer, and you may find it chaotic.
- Did you repair the minor house damages? Especially the things that cost little money or time to repair are always worth it. Since these arrangements usually improve the perception of the property and buyers are willing to pay more for it (so it is more profitable to invest in the arrangements at the time of sale). It is especially important to paint the walls and get the garden in shape.
- Do not stand around during the house inspection! The estate agent is a professional seller specializing in the real estate sector, let him take care. It can usually only be damaging to interfere during the viewing as you probably do not know the strategy of the agent. And if you think that the agent is not as efficient as you would like, you should not do it by yourself, but change the agent!
Now, if you think “Can’t someone help me?” yes, no problem, we are happy to help you with advice, recommendations and contacts to specialized companies. You can be sure that the sales chances are at their maximum when you go to the market with your property!
Office | +34 971 092 634 | email@example.com
Lucas Froese | +34 685 302 653 | firstname.lastname@example.org