Finca in need of renovation buy in Mallorca
What to consider – contractors, licenses and opportunities/restrictions.
It is becoming increasingly popular in Mallorca to buy a finca in need of renovation, and then renovate and adapt it to individual wishes, and realize his own finca dream. But you should be very careful when buying a finca in need of renovation, because especially in the countryside of Mallorca, very strict guidelines are in place for buildings and renovations.
Property in the countryside is called “Rústico” in Spanish
It is necessary to clarify in advance if the property in the countryside (“Rústico” in Spanish) can also get a building license/permit, and if so, also find a responsible construction company/contractor where you can smoothly implement the desired plans (feel free to write to us, we can give you some good recommendations after zone). It is best to request an estimate (“presupuesto” in Spanish), and in it, a detailed list of items. Materials and labor hours should be listed (normally a margin of possible variations of 10% is included). If you, the builder, accept the estimate, a payment schedule should also be prepared. Generally, a deposit is made for the materials and preparations for the renovation. Partial payments are scheduled according to the different stages of construction. The final payment is made to the contractor after a thorough inspection, and the determination that there are no defects. If faults do occur, the construction company is responsible for rectifying them.
It is important to choose a suitable construction company.
Construction company for finca renovation
There is a wide range of good construction companies in Mallorca. But here are some important points to pay attention to:
- The company should have experience in the commissioned segment (it is not the same to completely renovate a finca than a small apartment).
- It should be regional (a good connection to the authorities, good knowledge of what is possible in the community and what is not), so it is recommended to use a local construction company.
- Good communication to avoid misunderstandings (ideally the company should have someone who speaks their language).
- Northern European standard in construction quality (the contractor should have experience with foreign customers and also know their quality standard).
- Be trustworthy (it’s best to ask for a referral from someone you trust).
Sometimes it is difficult to find all these points in one construction company, so the perfect solution is to involve someone as a construction manager, who will communicate with the construction companies, and always fight for their interests to realize the project as good, fast and cheap as possible (also here we can be helpful, contact us here). Construction Management Contact Form).
Renovation or core refurbishment?
Also, it is very important to always distinguish whether the finca needs a renovation or a complete core renovation, because the effort and cost factor is very different. In general, an old property in the countryside buy and renovate, an interesting alternative to a new construction finca, which in many cases can simply be made much more charming!
Finca house half with land between Manacor and Felanitx. If you are looking for a small cottage in the countryside,…